Working at South Metro Fire
Should you desire to apply with us in the future, please keep these minimum qualifications in mind:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid and current driver’s license.
- Current NREMT certification or MN EMT certification, with the ability to obtain NREMT certification within one year of hire date.
- Current Minnesota or I.F.S.A.C. Accredited Firefighter II certification or DOD equivalent.
- Current licensed firefighter in the State of Minnesota or the ability to become a licensed firefighter in the State of Minnesota within one year of hire date.
- NFPA 472 Hazardous Materials Operations level certification or DOD equivalent.
- Two years’ experience as a structural firefighter on a paid on-call fire department, or one year experience as a career structural firefighter.
Desired qualifications include:
- A.A. Degree in Fire Protection/Fire Science
These qualifications are subject to change at any time, based on the needs of the department.
South Metro Fire does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services. EOE/AA